What to Expect at Your First Visit
We are excited to meet new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of an X-ray, photos and an oral examination. At this important one-hour visit, this necessary information will enable us to determine the best treatment options.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
It is our goal that our patients leave their initial exam with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take.
We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
We believe that good orthodontic care begins with open communication. We promise to speak candidly with you about our diagnosis and recommendations, any alternative treatments and any symptoms present that may require further treatment. Working together, we can achieve a true partnership with one common goal – helping you achieve a beautiful, confident smile!